Thursday 11 April 2013

TAG Beauty Blogger

I loved doing my first tag and just couldn't wait to do another.  I found this by Jasmine at Sweetaholic Beauty and she tagged everyone so how could I refuse!


So, on to the questions!

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Totally straight. I don't even need to use straighteners unless I'm going for an ultra-poker-straight look.  I would LOVE to have the kind of hair that is naturally wavy so that it can be straightened or curled beautifully or looks beautiful when left to its own devices.  But I guess we always want what we can't have!
 
 
2. What is your natural hair color?
I can barely remember!  I first coloured my hair (without somewhat disastrous results!) when I was 14 and have been from blonde to auburn to dark and back ever since.  Naturally a slightly darker than mousey brown.  Dull and boring. 
Currently blonde highlights.

3. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
After the awful attempts in my teens mentioned above, I always go to a salon.  My all-time favourite is UK Hair and Beauty in Grantham, Lincs.  It offers loads of great treatments and is a modern, clean space whilst maintaining a friendly atmosphere.  I have never had a bad experience there.   I usually have my highlights done by Jeanie, Tamas or Lisa. 

4. How often do you wash your hair?
Every morning without fail.  My hair looks horrible - limp, oily and dull if I leave it any longer.  I also love the feeling of freshly washed hair and would not leave the house without it!

5. Do you wear the same style every day or change it?
As I work in a primary school, I wear my hair tied back simply on a work day, usually in a bun.  This is mainly due to the threat of nits which I am paranoid about!  On a non work day, I usually wear it down with a bit of volume and like to back comb it up at the back for a night out.  I attempt to curl it on special occasions but I am no expert.

6. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
Um well I usually don't bother, especially during term time.  I keep my nails neat myself but will occasionally visit a salon if I see an offer - last week I got a gel manicure for £10!

7. How often to you change your nail polish?
Again, as above I often leave them without polish. 

8. Do you polish your toes in the winter, too or just in the summer?
In the Summer, my toes will always have polish - more than my fingers! But I never bother in the Winter.
 
 
9. How long does it take to put on your makeup?
On a work day, I put on my make up with one hand and dry my hair with the other, finishing my mascara after my hair is done.  It takes about 10 minutes all in.  On a night out however, it can take 30 minutes plus, even longer if I am using false eyelashes. 

10. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Face first, then eyes.  I usually then touch up the powder, concealer, blusher etc to finish off.

11. Do you "collect" makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
My collection is growing by the day!

12. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
Very rarely but I love them when I do.  Next week I am getting eyelash extensions which I can't wait for. 

13. Do you do a full face of makeup every day?
Every day.  My work look is simpler than my day or night out look though.

14. Do you wear makeup when you are home alone
On my own, no.  It is the only time my skin has to breathe. 

15. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Nope.  Never do, ever.  I have got the 'no-make-up make-up' look down to a fine art for visits to the gym, spa etc but I will always wear some, even if it is just concealer and powder to even my skin tone.
 

 

16. How many high end products do you have?
If MAC counts, then most of my make-up!  I have a few Stila and Elizabeth Arden products but no YSL, Chanel or NARS. 
17. How often do you wash your makeup brushes?
I am not very good at getting around to this.  I think I will go and do it after I post this actually!  See my Procrastinating Beauty Blogger TAG for more.

18. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you are getting dressed?
I never choose the night before. I usually think about it in the shower or while putting on my makeup.

19. How often do you change your handbag?
Not often.  I tend to stick to a bag for a while.

20. What time do you get up & go to sleep?
I get up at 6.30am on work days and probably around 8am at the weekend or in the holidays.  I go to bed at around 10pm.

21. How often & when do you workout?
When I'm on a roll, I go to Pilates, Zumba, Pump FX every week with the odd gym/swim session thrown in.

22. Left-handed or Right-handed?
Right handed!

23. How tall are you?
Tall.  5 foot 9.

24. Do you speak a foreign language?
Not fluently, no.  Enough to teach Primary School French and Spanish.

25. How many pets do you have?
Two rabbits, Mylo and Smudge.

26. How often are you on Blogger?
Every day at the moment.

27. Do you read the comments posted on blogs?
On my blog, always and it is soo exciting to get comments - I only have had a handful so far but I just love seeing that other people have read my blog and have an opinion!
 
 
28. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Yes, I have a sticky note on my laptop desktop that has a massive list on it.
 
29. How did you come up with your blog name?
A couple of years ago, I started making cupcakes.  I came up with the name Cloud Nine Cupcakes after HOURS of deliberation.  I wanted to link my blog and website under one general umbrella so I tried to come up with a word to encompass what this blog is about.  I toyed with Cloud Nine Cosmetics (love alliteration!), Cloud Nine Luxuries and Cloud Nine Beauty, but I decided that Indulgence summed up what I would be including in my blog posts the most.  Cloud Nine Indulgence was born!

30. What kind of camera do you use for photographs?
Canon Digital Ixus.

31. How often do you clean your house? (Daily, weekly, other)
Every weekend it gets a top to bottom clean then some bits get done daily like kitchen surfaces.  Doesn't always work out that way, but that is what generally happens!

32. What is your favourite colour?
Teal.

33. What is your favourite beauty/fashion magazine?
I love Look - it has a good mix of fashion, beauty, lifestyle and celeb gossip.
34. Do you swear?
Never ever at work (cardinal sin!) and rarely at home too - it's too risky to get into the habit of it.  I have a huge, and rather old fashioned, vocab of oops words - sugar lumps, goodness, oopsie, gosh, golly, crikey etc instead!

35. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
I am going to write another blog post, probably a review of the new Nivea Lip Butter that I bought yesterday.  I need to make a few phone calls and do some cleaning and school work.  Then my boyfriend is going to do some DIY so I will be helping with that.
 
 
 
Thank you so much for reading.  I love to receive comments and always try to reply.
If you have a go at this tag, please post a link below so I can have a read. 
 
I tag:
 
 
and anyone else who wants to have a go!

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x