Tuesday 9 April 2013

HAUL TK Maxx

I have always found TK Maxx a bit daunting in a jumble sale kind of way - lots of decent bargains but hidden amongst lots of not-so-decent attire!  However, I recently discovered the make-up and beauty aisle and I was amazed! So amazed in fact that I have not one, not two but three hauls to show you (oops!) that I have combined into one here.  The picture on the right is all stuff that I haven't used yet - the pedicure things are for my 30th birthday pamper day which will be in a blog post in a couple of weeks (so excited!). 
 

Firstly, Jemma Kidd Make-up School.  I can't quite believe what good value these items were - each piece came in a pack of 2 for £4.99, either an eyeshadow + lipstick or eyeshadow + mascara.  From what I can find online, the lipsticks retail at £13 and everything else seems to be pretty much unavailable now so I'm pleased I was able to snap them up! So far, I'm not overly impressed with the mascara as it is quite dry and clumpy but everything else seems lovely.  The lipsticks come with a softening primer which gives a slightly glossier effect when used with the lipstick (see pic).  Although a bit garish in the pan, the yellow (Urban) can be blended to give a gold highlight effect and the bronze/brown (In Season) is a nice buildable colour. 

  
L-R Iris with then without primer; Ingrid with then without primer

 

 Urban and In Season, both have a subtle sheen when blended.
 
 
 
Mascara in Show Brown
 
 
There were LOADS of lovely brown Stila packages that caught my eye.  Unfortunately, hidden inside these boxes were the darkest and most orange foundations and powders.  Boo!  I did manage to find a gorgeous shimmery lilac eyeshadow and a bold deep red lipstick so all was not lost.

Lipstick in Dominique, the eyeshadow doesn't have the name on.

 


On a total whim I bought these Paperself lashes that look so beautiful but honestly, I can't see myself ever having the occasion to wear them.  I will post a pic if I ever do get round to it!


I got rather excited when I saw this trio as I have seen a few Physician's Formula products on YouTube but never seen any in real life, for sale!  This is such a handy set and the colours are perfect for me - I can see them being amazing with a tan too (may need to break out that Rodial!).  They are wet and dry shadows and the effect of each with a spritz of Mac Fix+ is quite striking.  It is actually available on Amazon and I would recommend snapping it up now!  There's also another colour option here: Amazon that is tempting me!

 
 
Physician's Formula Baked Collection in Baked Spices
 
All 3 colours wet then dry.

The final eyeshadow that I bought was my first Too Faced purchase.  It is in the colour George and Weezie.  The packaging is cute - its vintage style box is reminiscent of Benefit and Soap & Glory.

 
 
There is a bronze and a gold in the duo that mix together to make the gorgeous deep gold shade on the right.  I love the shimmer of these colours. 
 

Next up is another brand that is new for me - Elizabeth Arden.  Luckily, the man in TK Maxx let me open the packages to check the colours and these two came up best for me though I will probably only be able to use the powder in the Summer as it is quite a tanned shade.  The only downside to these is the smell - it is overpowering and for want of a better word, Grannyish!

Pure Finish Mineral Powder Foundation in 05
Flawless Finish Mousse Makeup (not sure of the colour)



The Mousse pumps out in a foam which then blends smoothly for a lovely finish.  I like this - it reminds me of my first ever foundation - No.7 mousse. 

L - R Pure Finish, Flawless Finish bubbles!, Flawless Finish blended.
 


I have saved the best til last.  Philosophy! The eye colour is a nice white cream that can be used as a subtle base or can be layered for a more defined effect.  But it is the lipgloss that I am most pleased with .  A new holy grail!  This is just the right consistency, smooth and not at all sticky.  The colour is one of those 'my lips but better' shades that goes on a sheer pink with one slick but becomes a beautiful, perfect shade with 2 or more coats.  Love!

Divine Long-Wear Creamy Eye-Colour in Twilight
Divine Luxurious Lipgloss in Lilac Rose

The eye colour has a soft sponge applicator; the lipgloss has a brush


 

 

 
Have you found anything amazing tucked away on the TK Maxx shelves?

What is your favourite lipgloss?

Has anyone braved the Paperself lashes?

I would love to hear from you!


 

 

 

 

 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x