Monday 22 April 2013

REVIEW MUA Fur Effect Nails

After a very busy week and a mammoth catch up session on the 30 day writing challenge, I am finally doing another review!

 
 

I was in Superdrug the other day looking to pick up an inexpensive bronzer to carry around in my handbag when this strange pot caught my eye.  My first thought was, 'How on Earth can you get furry nails?'  My second thought was, 'Why would you want to?!'  In the end though, my curiosity won out and I thought I would give them a whirl.  I went for Fluffy Puff which is a soft pale pink colour.

 
 
 

The pot is designed to be used by tapping the fur fibres through a sieve but I found this impossible to use as nothing came through the small holes.  After a minor struggle with the plastic, I got into the pot.  I painted my nails with one coat of Sally Hansen's Acrylic Gel then one coat of No 7 Speed Dry Nail Colour in Coconut Ice.  Then I pressed my still-wet nails into the fibres.  They do get all over your finger tips too but they dust off easily.  MUA recommends using a powder brush for this but I just did it with my fingers. 

The effect is weird, like candy floss or flock wallpaper.  It was something different and I loved the feel of them - I couldn't stop running my fingertips over them!  The children in my class thought they were amazing too.  I was unsure of how they would react after contact with water but if left to dry naturally, they quickly go back to furry.  Unfortunately, they had completely chipped off halfway through the next day.



Furry nails are not an effect I would go to every day but they are a fun alternative to wear on the odd day or evening out.  I will be trying them again but I think I will stick to the colour I have got rather than investing in several shades.

Have you tried fur-effect nails?
What is your favourite nail effect?



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x