Thursday 11 April 2013

REVIEW Nivea Caramel Cream Lip Butter


Whilst shopping for sweets to smuggle into the cinema yesterday (shh!!) I was, as always, distracted by the cosmetics and beauty aisles.  The Nivea Lip Butters caught my eye as I have heard so much about them online.  I had a smell of those on the shelf - this one and Raspberry Rose.  I was a little put off by the latter as it was too overpowering in a sickly fruity way for me but the two friends I was with preferred that one.  The Caramel Cream scent is rich, creamy, sugary, caramelly and, in my opinion, scrummy.  The tipping point for me was that it instantly reminded me of popcorn and as I was on my way to the cinema, it was perfect!  At Morrisons, this was priced at £1.99 though I think it can be found cheaper elsewhere.


The lip butter has a rich, matte consistency and it goes on smoothly.  As it needs to be applied from the tin, it leaves your finger smelling nice too!  My only problem with this is that, like all Nivea lip products, it feels quite thick on my lips if I put too much on.  Then, although they are well hydrated, my lips are left feeling slightly puckered.

Overall, I love the scent of the Caramel Cream Lip Butter and I like the feeling of a thin application but it is not my favourite lip balm.  For shine and feel I prefer the Soap & Glory A Great Kisser in Sweet Coconut, for overnight repair and hydration, you simply cannot beat Elizabeth Arden 8 Hour Cream and for everyday cracked lip repair, my favourite is Carmex. 
 
What is your favourite lip balm?
Have you tried any of the Nivea Lip Butters?
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x