Sunday 7 April 2013

TAG The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger

As a total blogger newbie with (as yet!) no followers and no-one to tag me (sob!), I borrowed this tag from the lovely Jo at Painted Glitter.  I am a procrastinator in all areas of my life - so is it ironic that I couldn't wait to be tagged and just got on and did it for myself?!



Rules:
1. Copy and paste these 'rules' into your post when you write it!
2. You must state that this tag was created by Laura from The Beau Bow.

3. You must thank the person who tagged you at the start of your post, follow them if you're feeling nice and at the end of your post state who you tag, and comment on their blog to let them know you tagged them.
4. Title this post 'The Procrastinating Beauty Blogger TAG' .
5. Have fun!
 
 

1. Name a beauty regime that you rarely do.
Body brushing.  I invested in a brush ages ago with good intentions to do it every morning and evening.  Well, that lasted about a week.  Then after having Ultrasound Cavitation (I will talk about this in an upcoming post), I was reminded by the therapist that body brushing is a MUST.  Again, my resolve lasted about a week.  I will try harder, I promise!
 
2. Is washing your makeup brushes something you do regularly? 
Eek, no *blushes*.  I probably cleaned them about 2 months ago but keep thinking about doing it - does that count?!
 
3. How long will you last with chipped nail polish?
Ugh, nail varnish NEVER lasts more than a day on my nails without starting to chip.  I don't know what I do to it! Once it starts to go I usually piggle it off until it is all gone.

4. How long do you put off buying/replacing a beauty or nail polish product even if you need it? (i.e. purchasing a new topcoat, or a new foundation etc.)
Well, I have turned into a bit of a beauty spendaholic recently.  If I need it (or even if I don't) I can usually find a reason to nip into Boots, Superdrug, TK Maxx or House of Fraser to top up my collection (sorry bank balance)!

5. What is your worst beauty habit?
Probably not taking enough care of my eyebrows.  I have plucked them for about 15 years so they are now unable to grow out of control but that means I tend to leave them to it more often than I should. 
 
6. Name something non-beauty related that you put off doing all the time?
Um, everything!  Seriously, I have always been THE worst procrastinator.  I don't know what it is about jobs that I know need to be done.  Why do I always find something else to do first?!  School reports need to be written so I suddenly feel the need to reorganise the study.  The study needs to be reorganised so I suddenly need to do some exercise.  Honestly, it happens every time!
 
7. When going out somewhere, do you leave getting ready until the last minute or not?
Ask any of my friends and they will tell you.  Last minute!  Although I will probably spend ages beforehand trying on outfits, doing my nails, doing hair or skin treatments, I leave the actual getting ready part until far too late every time.  

8. Can you commit to spending bans?
Well I've honestly never tried, though I do go through phases of not buying anything then not being able to resist anything!  I am currently in a splurge phase.  

9. How organized is your makeup and nail polish collection?
So organised at the moment.  After an amazing gift of lots of MAC make up from a really good friend of mine, I had the sudden urge to reorganise my make up storage and dressing table.  I have a drawer for palettes and perfume, one for bases and blushes, one for eyeshadows and lashes and one for hair products.  On top of my dressing table is a selection of cut glass vases which hold lipstick, lipgloss, pencils, tools and most-used jewellery.  Makeup collection blog coming soon!
 
10. What is the longest amount of time you have gone without writing a blog post?
Since starting my blog 3 days ago, I have blogged everyday!  

 
 
Thanks again to Jo at Painted Glitter for borrowing this tag.
 
Ok, I have not done this before so not totally sure how to tag people but here goes!
 
 
Alix - I Covet Thee







 

 

 

6 comments:

  1. Great post Rebecca! I never even think of body brushing, I never thought it was really a necessary routine to get into so I'm really intrigued to hear about this story about Ultrasound Cavitation!? xx

    paintedglitter.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Jo,

      Hooray, this is my first comment! (Another line to cross off in my Wishes List!)

      My skin always feels lovely after body brushing and it is supposed to stimulate circulation. I need to have a few more sessions of Ultrasound to really see if it works but it seems good so far!

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  2. I'm TERRIBLE at doing my eyebrows and need to look after them more! I also need to start getting involved with body brushing again - it really does work xxx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I body brushed this morning, so feel like I'm sticking to my resolution! Love your A-Z btw.

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  3. Great Tag! I'm so bad at washing my makeup brushes but I try to wash them at least once a week now! I never body brush! I'm so lazy! www.the--blonde.blogspot.co.uk xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! I had a look at your blog and am now a follower!

      Rebecca x

      Delete

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x