Sunday 28 July 2013

What's in my Make-up Bag - Holiday Edit

This is my first holiday since becoming a beauty blogger.  I have always loved make-up but over the past few months, my collection has really expanded and at the moment, I find choosing my daily make-up so exciting and I can never wait to select and apply each day's look.  All of this has meant that narrowing down my choice of what to take away is so much harder this year!  I have aimed to make selections based on products that work well in the heat and are longer lasting or waterproof where possible.  Limited space means limited colour options but I have tried to go for those which go better with a tan and nothing too heavy or OTT; more appropriate for a beach holiday than a clubbing holiday


FACE
Primer

Benefit 15 hour Primer
Garnier 5 second Perfect Blur
This combo should erase any traces of fine lines from my 30 year old forehead and ensures my make-up stays put in the 40 degree + heat!



Foundation

Bare Minerals in Medium
By Terry Or de Rose Teint Supreme (from Space.NK sale)
I wanted a light option for a cream foundation and a powder which I think works well in the heat.


Concealer

YSL Touche Eclat in II
Collection Lasting Perfection Concealer in Medium
Lancome Waterproof Under Eye Concealer
The ever-popular Collection concealer covers blemishes perfectly, while the waterproof Lancome and Touche Eclat will work together to banish under-eye dark circles.



Bronzer
Laura Mercier Bonne Mine Trio
MAC Bronzer 
I chose the Laura Mercier as I love using a cream bronzer for a natural contour, whereas the powder is essential to help tone down my oiliness.


Blush

MAC Gingerly
NARS Cactus Flower
Soap & Glory Cheekmate
This was tough to narrow down - I love blusher!  I have gone for a couple of cream options as they give a lovely glow, and again, the powder option is to help when it gets too hot!


Highlighter


YSL Dare to Glow Fatal Red
Estee Lauder Powder Gelee in Topaz Chameleon
I love this cream highlighter for a gorgeous sheen on the cheekbones; it is a lovely flattering colour and works well with a tan.  The Estee Lauder gelee is one of my all time favourite products, soo beautiful!



Powder


By Terry Powder
Make Up Store HD Powder
I bought the By Terry from the Space.NK sale for an absolute steal.  My favourite thing about it is the microfibre puff - the softest I've ever used.



EYES


Primer
Smashbox Photo Finish Lid Primer
Part of my fab gift from my Aunt who works for Smashbox in New Zealand.  Keeps shadows put.

Shadows
MAC 4 palette in Brulee, All That Glitters, Bronze and Espresso 
A good range of neutral, buildable colours that will look good with a tan.

Mascara
L'oreal False Lash Telescopic Waterproof
Of course it has to be this - makes my lashes as long as They're Real but has amazing waterproofness as an added bonus.

Brow Kit
GOSH Brow Kit
This bargain from GOSH does the job, no frills.  I have tinted my eyebrows so this is just a back up really.

Liner
L'Oreal Luminizer for Brown Eyes
This is new, so I hope I will like it
Nude Eyeliner from Illamasqua
To give a wide, fresh-eyed look



LIPS

Lip pencils/crayons
Bourjois Paris Colour Boost Lip Crayon in Orange Punch
Rimmel Exaggerate in Eastend Snob
NARS Velvet Matte Lip Pencil in Cruella
A nude liner, a chunky bright coral and a deep red.

Lipstick
YSL Rouge per Couture (don't know the colour)
MAC Patisserie 
My favourite lip colour this summer - hot pinky, corally colours and a neutral option too.

Lipgloss
Bourjois Effet 3D in Coral Artistic
Just to emphasise the corally-orange.

Lip balm
Korres Jasmine
An absolute must-have, the Korres lip butter in Jasmine.  I am going to try and find an SPF balm too, I'm sure I have one somewhere!

Primer
Urban Decay Lip Primer Potion
I love this as much as the eye primer.



TOOLS

Eyelash curlers
Boots No. 7 
I have used these for years.  Fab.  I heat them with my hair dryer to set the curl.

Brushes
Real Techniques - Expert Face Brush, Stippling Brush, Eye Brushes
Eco-Tools Bamboo - fan, eye brushes
Lancome - angled powder brush
MAC - blush brush and eye blending brush
A good selection from my favourite brush brands, though I left my Body Shop ones out this time, I need to replace my Face and Body Brush.


ALL PACKED UP IN MY BEAUTIFUL LAURA MERCIER CUSTOM ARTIST PORTFOLIO!
(Check out the full review of this here)



 


Are you going away this Summer?

What products are you taking with you?


1 comment:

  1. Excellent products.




    -------------------------------
    I work in holief.com

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x