Thursday 29 August 2013

LIFESTYLE Jurassic Park 3D IMAX



A little while ago, I won a Twitter competition from @rapidlashuk and part of the prize was a voucher for Cineworld.  I was so excited when I saw that my favourite film EVER - Jurassic Park - was on at the IMAX screen in Nottingham and hastily spent my £20 voucher, plus £5 more, on 2 tickets.

source: www.leftlion.co.uk -

It is hard to believe that is has been 20 years since Jurassic Park first hit our screens; that makes me feel so old!  I have loved the film ever since - the excitement, the tension, the score, the dinosaurs - cinematic perfection!

I last went to IMAX years ago and I remembered that it was supposed to be a massive 3D screen  so when I sat down I was disappointed - the screen seemed to be almost normal sized.  I don't know if this is the same everywhere or if larger cities have larger screens.  However, all my worries went out the window as soon as the film started.


I have never ever seen such a sharp clear picture in 3D, or any cinema come to that.  I usually find 3D a little fuzzy and it can give me a headache but this was absolutely incredible!  All the way through the film, I kept noticing little details that were so clear on the screen.  I don't think any normal film will live up to this ever again!  

source: screeninvasion.com 


Expensive but totally worth it.  I will have to restrain myself from going IMAX on every cinema visit or I will be bankrupt before long! 

*Jurassic Park is still on at Cineworld Nottingham today only and other IMAX cinemas for the next week or so.*

Have you been to see a film on an IMAX screen?

Are you as big of a Jurassic Park fan as me?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x