Thursday 26 September 2013

REVIEW - Origins GinZing Cream Eyeshadow in Ginger Zing


Although I have become a big fan of Origins skincare over the past year, I had never really considered their make up range until I visited them for a recent event.  I needed to buy 3 products to get a free night cream (full-size - what a deal!) so checked out what they had to offer.  This beauty caught my eye immediately and I am converted!



The cream eye shadow is similar to the MAC paint pots but is smoother and thinner so easier to spread and blend.  It claims to last 8 hours and I must say, it lasts for a whole work day on me without creasing or disappearing.


The colour is gorgeous - a pearlescent creamy neutral shade with a hint of a gold sheen that works as a subtle colour on its own.  When used as a base, it complements brown and plum tones beautifully - I like to use it with Bare Minerals Plum Eyeliner and my new No 7 Stay Perfect Smoothing Eyeshadow in Bronze.  Perfect for Autumn!


Easy to apply and blend, long-lasting and a lovely subtle colour but at £17 it is £2 more than a MAC paint pot and that is quite steep!  Worth waiting for an offer: they are currently -20% in House of Fraser and Origins often offer GWP. 


Have you tried any Origins make up?
Have you tried this product?







2 comments:

  1. Glad someone told me about their makeup! Didn't know!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. They've got some lovely bits, got lots more I want to test!

      Rebecca x

      Delete

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x