Monday 7 October 2013

Monthly Favourites - September







I have recently made 3 cream eyeshadow purchases which I absolutely love.  They work well individually or together and I like using them as a base under a sparkly shadow or loose pigment for a more intense effect.  I have used the shadows to create a few different looks from subtle for during the day to a dramatic evening look, all perfect for Autumn! 




I received a sample bottle of this fragrance a while ago and didn't like it when I first tried it - when you first spray it, it has a quite masculine scent so I put it away in my samples jar and thought nothing more of it.  Recently, I dug it out again and wow - once the fragrance settles on the skin, it is absolutely beautiful and I am now desperate to go for a full size bottle!  It is fresh and deep at the same time; the bitter citrus and fresh herby notes combine to create a deep and zingy fragrance that works perfectly at this time of year.




I got this small 30ml size cleanser in the Summer and I am not kidding, I have used it everyday since the end of July and it has still not run out!  On top of that, it keeps my skin clear and feels lovely and refreshing.  The 200ml is £22.50 but considering how long the small tube has lasted, it works out as great value.

My new camera - Panasonic Lumix DMC TZ40
For my 30th birthday earlier this year I got this amazing camera from my parents.  I wanted a good quality, easy to use camera that was a step up from my Canon Digital Ixus but not as complicated or bulky as a DSLR.  I haven't quite got the hang of all the incredible features yet (including 3D shots!) but I am loving playing around with it.  So far, I am most impressed with the clarity and stability of the shots - I took this photo out of the window of a moving car!

My final and most favourite thing this month is Phoebe Lilly Rose!  One of my best friends in the whole world and her husband had their first baby last week.  She's so utterly gorgeous and I can't wait to meet her!  I've been spending the whole weekend looking for pressies to buy them and I will post a gift ideas post soon (as soon as I have given them so I don't spoil the surprises!).




What have been your favourites this month?

Leave your link if you have done a favourites post!








8 comments:

  1. I haven't tried any of the No 7 cream shadows, I didn't even know that they had them, so thank you for that, will definitely need to go and try some of them. Fingers crossed they have some unusual shades :o). Xx

    http://makeupbycandlelight.blogspot.co.uk

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah they've got a few nice shades, go and check them out! I think they have a buy one get one half price deal at the mo too.

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  2. Oo that Bobbi Brown cream shadow looks looooverly, I want it haha, and I'm not even a big eye shadow fan!

    So jealous of your make up collection...and happy birthday for earlier this year!!

    Hannah xxx
    http://adayinthelifeofanortherngirl.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's more gorgeous in real life too, the camera didn't show it up as well. It's got lovely deep plum tones and a golden sheen when it catches the light. You can build it up too for a darker effect and used it under a MAC pigment for a really strong effect.

      Rebecca x

      Delete
  3. All three of those cream shadows look stunning. I'd love to see a photo of an eye look using them!
    I've always wanted to try out some Murad skincare items. I've heard great things.
    http://bigbeautybag.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so jealous about the camera, been on my wishlist forever! Gorgeous Bobbi Brown shades too, they are great for these sort of colours but they seem to be over looked!

    Belle x
    Mascara & Maltesers

    ReplyDelete
  5. I absolutely love cream eyeshadows! That one for No.7 looks really nice, I never really look at their makeup but I might check it out now!

    www.makingmeblushblog.wordpress.com

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. So want to try the murad cleanser

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x