Monday 27 January 2014

REVIEW - Kevyn Aucoin Candlelight Kit


After being introduced to Kevyn Aucoin as a brand, I hastily ordered this beautiful set when I saw it with 50% off on the Space NK website.  It has since sold out but keeps popping up for short periods so you may still be lucky!


The Candlelight Kit contains a selection of beautiful Kevyn Aucoin products designed to create an ethereal glow and a simple, classic eye.  It comes in an elegant box with a mirror that exudes quality and made me so excited when I first opened it!  Inside the collection is a teensy scented candle which smells beautiful and is so cute although more of a gimmick than a necessity as it is so small.


First up is the Celestial Powder in Candlelight.  This is a finely milled pressed powder highlighter.  Its soft golden apricot tones give the most gorgeous glow without any glitter.


The kit provides a great selection for eyes.  The white Eye Pencil Primatif is a basic white eyeliner that glides on nicely and comes with a smudger, but I prefer to use a nude shade for a more natural look when applying to the water line and tight line - if you have used white eyeliner in another way, let me know!  The Precision Liquid Liner is probably the best felt tip liner I have ever tried.  Blacker than black and smooth as silk, this glides on easily to create effortless lines and cat flicks, even for my unsteady hands!


The eyeshadow palette comes with a selection of 5 complementary shades for a subtle, classic look but if you are after a strong, Kardashian-style effect, this is not the collection for you!


My blogging resolution this year is to include more face photos, something I have shied away from but I really need to get over my fear.  I know a filter isn't ideal for make up shots but I need to take baby steps here people!




Have you tried anything from Kevyn Aucoin?

Did you scoop any bargains in the Space NK sale?


3 comments:

  1. You look beautiful! I completely agree about the liquid liner - it's amazing, and I'm in love with the Celestial Powder too. I'm also SERIOUSLY impressed with the volumising mascara. It's the best mascara I've ever tried and I've been through a few. Really lovely application, no clumps and great thick long lashes afterwards :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks chicka! I'm so pleased we nipped into Space NK and got to know the brand! x

      Delete
  2. Thanks for sharing the review of the Kit, I saw the post and wanted to read it first to see its specifications.

    _______________________________________
    I work at HH Processors as a maquiladora.

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x