Sunday 9 February 2014

Current TV Favourites



I was inspired to write this by the lovely Estelle from Let Me Go xo who left a comment on my January Favourites post saying that I should have mentioned a certain TV show which we are both big fans of!


I stumbled across this on the main page of 4OD and it just caught my eye.  One episode later I was hooked.  It is an action drama based on the premise that a surgeon (Toni Colette) tasked with operating on the US President is taken hostage and forced to kill him during surgery.  The series so far is all about how the doctor and her family cope with their predicament and try to figure out a way out.  We also gradually learn more about the kidnappers (led by Dylan MacDermott) in each episode but don't yet know why they are determined for the President to die.  A great cast, edge of the seat tension and exciting plot twist keep me watching avidly week after week.
source: channel4.com


I have loved Neighbours since I was a child and it provides a daily dose of Aussie escapism.  Current story lines involve a love triangle made more complicated by a secret pregnancy; a long lost son/secret adoption; and Paul Robinson up to his usual dastardly ways.  Riveting stuff! 
source: fanpop.com


I have been hooked on PLL since Season 1 and, even though it is getting a bit ridiculous, the intrigue and mystery is truly addictive!  To sum up: in the pilot, a body is found (a teenage girl who went missing a year previously).  Her 4 best friends start receiving malicious text messages and basically start being hounded by the mysterious 'A'.  Various characters have since been revealed as 'A' but (in order for the series to continue?) the messages continued - meaning there is more than one person masquerading as 'A' or an 'A-Team'.  There have been so many twists and turns that I can't remember it all but there is always a recap before each ep that helps you remember.  The thing I like most about PLL is that it has been a shared interest with a few gorgeous #bbloggers and we now even have our own WhatsApp chat group!
source: hdwallpaperscorner.com


Another twisty, action-packed US drama; this time following Emily Thorn's quest to clear her father's name and avenge his untimely death.  Again, the fact that it is still going on probably one season too long means that it is getting a little ridiculous, but it is fabulous! 
source: hollywood.com


Me and my boyfriend both LOVE these shows - true escapism and a chance to gawp at how teenagers behave on holiday.  Of course, we were NEVER like that! 
source: reveal.com


A hilarious US cop show starring Andy Samberg (virtually unrecognisable, but he was Cuckoo!) as a detective who is good at his job but a total prankster.  My new favourite comedy.  
source: channel4.com


Beautiful period drama set during one of the most fascinating and tumultuous periods in history - the early 20th Century.  This series sees the store preparing for the impending doom of World War 1 - a poignant moment last week when the staff manager noted that 80% of the staff would be eligible to fight.  
source: janeaustenfilmclub.blogspot.com


Absolutely incredible.  Cinematic production values, intelligent writing and at times both laugh-out-loud funny and bring-a-tear-to-the-eye emotive.  One of the best things on TV in recent times. 
source: eyeris.blogspot.com

What are favourite TV shows at the moment?

Do you watch any of my favourites?



1 comment:

  1. Pretty little Liars, Revenge and Mr Selfridges are the programs I need to watch every week I cant believe its the finale of Mr Selfrige and PLL in the same week! xx

    ReplyDelete

Hi, I love to read all your lovely comments. Let me know if you stop by!
Rebecca x